The 2017 Summer Institute Planning Committee especially encourages first- time applicants to apply for a scholarship, and welcomes applications from other OMD UUs.
- See the below link for the Scholarship Application and Support Form. Individuals under 18 must have their parent/guardian apply for their scholarship. Only one application is needed per household.
- Complete your application and then talk with your minister (preferred), DRE, or other professional staff about completing the support letter form. If you do not have a traditional congregation or your congregation doesn’t have any professional staff, select a supporter who is familiar with your connection to UU and economic situation. Give your supporter your completed & signed application with a stamped, addressed envelope and the Letter of Support form.
- Your supporter must mail both the completed application and support letter to the SI Scholarship Coordinator by June 1st, 2017. This is a firm deadline. The application cannot be processed without the support letter. Please supply the person writing the letter with a stamped envelope addressed to the Scholarship Coordinator at:
- John Rodehefer 1360 Dale Ford Road, Delaware, OH 43015.
In order to meet the June 1st deadline, it is important that you begin your application and support letter ASAP. There will be no exceptions to the June 1st date.
Please return the application and the support form at the same time. They are both required and getting them together will make processing your application much easier.
- Only the Scholarship Committee knows the names of individuals that receive scholarships.
- Financial need (verified through support letter) is a necessity.
- First-time applicants are given first consideration.
- You must be a resident of the OMD and active in UU church activities to apply for a scholarship.
- Explanation of why you want to attend SI 2017 must be included in your application materials. Feel free to call or email the Scholarship Coordinator if you have any questions regarding the application procedure or your eligibility to apply. His phone number is found on the application and his email is: email@example.com.