- Your Confirmation Letter
- Your church/society’s banner with pole
Throughout the day
- Travel coffee mug or refillable water bottle with name. SI WILL NOT BE PROVIDING DRINKING WATER OUTSIDE THIS YEAR, SO THESE ARE ABSOLUTELY ESSENTIAL, ESPECIALLY FOR THE KIDS TO FILL AT DRINKING FOUNTAINS.
- Personal electronics such as a smart phone, tablet, or laptop to read announcements and communicate with others
- Note-taking supplies
For your room
- Extra-long sized twin sheets, pillow cases and towels (NO LINENS FROM OBERLIN) – pillow and blanket provided
- Bath mat
- Room monitor if you are bringing very young children
- Cots or air mattresses for children sleeping on the floor
- Medications/sunscreen/band aids, etc.
- Alarm clock
- Reading light/nightlight/clip-on light, etc.
- Drying rack or line
- Extension cord / power strip
- Radio/boom box/iPod, etc.
- Laundry detergent
- Window and/or table top/clip-on fans. Sorry, no personal Air Conditioners allowed.
- Snacks and drinks for evenings, mornings, or between meals. Dorms have kitchen areas you can use.
- Casual, comfortable clothing
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Robe and slippers for bathroom down the hall
- Flip flops for shower
- Swimming apparel, including extra towels
- Rain gear or umbrella
- Pre-washed 100% cotton items for tie-dyeing (limit 2 items)
Money and/or Credit Cards for
- Pub (NO BYOB AT PUB!)
- SI bookstore
- Oberlin bookstore
- Workshops requiring donations
- Oberlin restaurants/shops/stamps
Other Equipment to Consider
- Lawn chairs
- High chairs or booster seats for your children, if needed.
- Bikes/bike locks/helmets (helmets are mandatory for everyone at SI!)
- Softball & glove/tennis balls and racquets/frisbees/other sports equipment
- Sewing/knitting/crafts Games/puzzles/kids’ toys
- Musical instruments/music stands
- Reading material